Core Software Engineer
BTL is an agile company comprised of talented developers and proven business managers who are using distributed-ledger-technology and new software design patterns to develop technologies that are changing the way the world interacts with critical data.
We're powering some of the world’s largest institutions as they explore new opportunities on the blockchain. We trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture board as TSXV:BTL.
BTL is looking for a full-time Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Team in Calgary, AB, Canada.
The Interbit blockchain platform facilitates the rapid development of business applications that will dramatically improve efficiency across several industries. Some of the world’s largest institutions are using Interbit to explore new opportunities on private blockchains.
Interbit’s blockchain architecture is designed from the ground up with enterprise clients in mind. Privacy, scalability, and security have always been our primary concern. Our ability to natively join chains enables features and functionality that previously required third party integrations and compromised the security and privacy of the network.
Interbit has the potential to become a ubiquitous piece of technology that is integrated with daily human life. Our calling is to bring the world's critical data into consensus. For that we need to build a fast and developer-friendly blockchain. Come join us on this exciting mission!
Interbit applications are built on the tech stack:
- Functional programming
- Node.js, npm
The Core Team in Calgary, AB is responsible for creating the core technology for the BTL blockchain.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Senior Software Engineer
- Browser development
- Core ECMAScript 2015/2017
- Experience and understanding various technical environments
- Test driven development, continuous deployment
- Exposure to Functional programming
- Ability to write code to create the core blockchain technology and prove that the algorithms being developed are correct
- A deep understanding of application servers, development methodologies, operating systems, technical platforms/architecture & API integration
- Experience researching options and testing them to determine the properties of the systems that create the desired effect
- Experience executing successful proof of concept plans
- A passion for participating in detailed technical discussions and debates
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Assisting and training customer developers or partners in building integrations (as required)
- Passion for leading professional technical discussions with partners on framework, capabilities, and design considerations
- Agile Development Experience
- A unique opportunity to surround yourself with very smart teammates and work on inspiring projects with technologies that have the potential to transform our society
- Generous compensation
- Health care, dental, and vision
- A team culture that prioritizes inclusiveness, internal transparency, and shared vision
- Excellent work-life balance, including a flexible vacation policy
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.